What Makes Us Unique?
There are plenty of excellent preschools from which to choose in Madison. Is UHP right for your family? You may want to consider what makes UHP unique.
- UHP has been a parent cooperative for over 50 years. Parents are not only welcome, but encouraged to join their children in the classroom. Members receive a discount on tuition in exchange for volunteer hours. Non-members benefit from the community events.
- SMALL SIZE, our single classroom, with a maximum enrollment of 14 feels comfortable rather than overwhelming
- LEARNING THROUGH PLAY, our teachers are experts at helping kids do what they are already wired to do: learn through playing our kids get outside almost every day. Our yard is a place where children are encouraged to build, dig, climb, ride and splash. We are constantly working on making our yard a place where kids have great fun while they connect with nature. Benefits of Mud Play
- PRESCHOOL EVENTS, we have a monthly Saturday family playgroup, as well as all school events like potlucks, egg hunts, end of the year celebration, etc.
- FIELD TRIPS, each year the preschool offers field trips such as: Hinchley's Dairy Farm, Owen Conservancy, Arboretum, the Memorial HS Planetarium, and monthly afternoon trips to Oakwood Village (Resumes for the 24-25 Academic Year)
- CONVENIENT, we have plenty of parking very close to our entrance and are located off of Odana Rd
- INTERGENERATIONAL ACTIVITIES, in addition to involvement of parents in the classroom, the afternoon class makes a regular monthly trip to Oakwood Village, where the children and "grandparents" share music time. (Resumes for the 24-25 Academic Year)
- INTERGENERATIONAL ACTIVITIES, Starting 24-25 Academic Year, grandparent volunteers sharing the joy of reading with our children.